Sometimes you have to look hard for the gift...

Yesterday, we took my son to have blood work done. His first time. I almost cried for him when I saw the 12 or so viles that they planned on filling. Dad had been anxious about it for weeks and the day had finally come. The people at the Children's Hospital were wonderful and my son was such a trooper that we promised him a train ride and a romp at the play yard at our local mall this weekend. He was not an angel the rest of the day, however. He had tantrums and bit me. Today, started like a whirl wind with everyone rushing to get out of the house early. Have you ever tried to rush a 4 year old boy and an 8 year old diva? Not the easiest thing to do. Then on my way to work I get the frantic phone call from dad saying that diva forgot her glasses and he is now going to be late for work to go look for them at home. Needless to say they were not found and she went without. I think perhaps the PMS doesn't help matters any either. I've got to go get some ice cream!!

No comments: