I'm telling you this thing was huge....

Okay, this is NOT the spider I saw ~ because, well, let's face it, I was not going to run away from it to get the camera just to blog on it and risk losing it, I'd never sleep again.

I guess the warmer weather is bringing about our little friends. I cannot stand these things.

I was doing some laundry (yeah, like I ever NOT do laundry) and picked up a load of sorted clothes from the floor to hear (yes, I said HEAR) a plop onto the floor. When I looked, something that could have been a brother of this baby pictured here stared back at me. When I said stared, I really mean it ~ the darned thing was mocking me, kind of taunting me or double-dog daring me to just try and squish him. I could see the eyes on the nasty critter from a standing position and I have to say I have never heard a spider "plop" onto the floor before. Good thing I had a load of towels in my hand so my quick "spidey-like" reflexes threw a dish towel over it and then smashed the garbage can on top of that. Probably was more like beat repeatedly until there was nothing but a puddle under that towel ~ the towel and puddle were properly disposed of in the life saving Rubbermaid garbage can. Whew....

But what is this?? Later that same day, I hear a distressing call from my Boy Child! Yelling that there is a spider in his dump truck. Feeling rather vindicated from my morning kill, I rush to his aid. Only to find him bringing me the dump truck (spider and all) up to my bedroom where I was putting away laundry (told ya, all I seem to do ~ laundry). He darn near dumped the spider right on me as we almost collide. Diva thinks that my yelp of fear was hysterical and she most likely let out a little pee with all the belly laughter she was doing. Boy Child was very serious about having this stowaway removed from his dump truck and found nothing amusing about it. Quickly, I tried to snatch the truck from his tiny hands but we both drop it and the spider decides he is out of here. Fortunately, those reflexes of mine kicked in again and I beat that critter to an ugly spot on the rug. Note to self: Spring cleaning needs to include carpet shampooing this year as well.

No comments: