Change is Good - hmmm

"Change in all things is sweet." ~ Aristotle

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." ~ Saint Francis of Assisi

"For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again..." ~ Proverbs 24:16a Bible

"To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see. It was by their faith that people of ancient times won God's approval." ~ Hebrews 11:1-2 Bible

"Everything changes, nothing remains without change." ~ Buddha

"Sometimes the situation is only a problem because it is looked at in a certain way. Looked at in another way, the right course of action may be so obvious that the problem no longer exists." ~ Edward de Bono

So it is said that change is good and inevitable. I like change ~ but I like it in moderation. Lately it seems that the darn dutch boy has pulled his finger from the dike and change is flooding in on me in too many directions and way too fast. There are so many changes happening right now that it would take way too long and sound way too whiny to mention it all but some are very significant and real stressors. I'm tough ~ I'm a 'Burgh Babe we were born hard working and never quitting, however, I am still a woman and I do have certain inalienable rights to bitch about it when enough is enough some days.

I'll spare you the drama but on top of some real doosies of changes occuring in my life, I find out that one of my best friends is going to be moving, no not a local move but a real relocation. To Chicago of all places ~ now I've nothing against Chicago, I've never even been there; but let's face it, who the heck wants to visit Chicago? It certainly doesn't have all the pizazz of ohhh let's say, anywhere with a beach and warm weather ~ I can get Chicago's weather here in Pittsburgh without treking Diva and Boy Child for hours on end in the van.

Now tell me if I'm wrong but with the undisclosed doosie of changes and then best friend bailing on ya what is one of the last things in the world you want to hear???? Okay, I'll fill ya in ~ the hairstylist you have given complete trust to for the last 11 years tells you that they are forced to move from their leased space and since she now lives in East Jabip from here, she has decided to open a shop in her home and realizes that it is just too far for you to travel to, but oh yeah, she'll miss you. Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Change, hmmm, guess I'll give it a whirl.

No comments: