I'm doing nothing

Today I'm doing nothing. I'm not cleaning any thing (does the laundry I have going in the washer/dryer right now count?), I'm not vacuuming a speck, I may not even cook (never real high on my priority list anyway).
I'm not feeling well today (sore throat, achey) and I woke up at 1:15am and was never able to fall back asleep until 4am ~ my alarm goes off at 4:45am. That is not enough sleep for me.
So husband sweetly says that I should drop the kids off at school and go back to bed. Guess what ~ I actually did that. I slept from 9am - 10:45am. Man that felt great.
Guess what else ~ I may actually turn on the TV in the middle of the day and NOT watch SpongeBob or The Mighty B. I may actually sit my butt down on the couch in the daylight!! For today is what we call in our house: "Jessica Mondays".
Jessica is one of Boy Child's TSS (therapeutic support staff). She does the afternoon shift at the daycare and 2 hours at our home on Mondays. So for 2 hours today I do not have to wonder: if Boy Child has painted anything in Diva's room with nail polish or removed paint on anything with the polish remover, has he jumped from the deck, has he run down the street, has he climbed the entertainment center or toy shelves, why is it so quiet, what is he cutting with scissors or where did he get the scissors.
Yep, I might actually take a break today and rest. I might even eat a bowl of ice cream for lunch. ;) Want to join me?

4 comments:

dani said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by. Have fun enjoying your day...

Daphne said...

Good for you. You deserve it. Check my site the winner has been picked. Have a Blessed Day.

Amy J. said...

I love those days - I have more of them now that all of mine are in school, but I remember it was an odd feeling when they weren't here when they were younger.

BTW - read your profile, you're not the only one who doesn't know what they're doing in the blogosphere....and I'm also from PA!

Have a good one!

anglophilefootballfanatic said...

I'm with you on days off once in a while. And, I understand the fear of a quiet boy lurking around.