A Time Out

I promised Boy Child that if he had a great day at school then we would go to the park for a few hours since I didn't have to pick Diva up until later due to volleyball practice.

Anyone who actually knows me and how nuts my schedule and life truly is would understand how big of a deal this is - to actually take time and do nothing (although it is something important) really sets me back in everything else that has to take place in the day. To say that I'm scattered, frazzled, and stressed 24/7 is an understatement.

Boy Child had a not very good day behavior-wise but I received a very heart-warming note from another parent saying how wonderful of a friend Boy Child was to her daughter that day. That note negated the bad behavior in my mind ~ so we went to the park.

We had so much fun that we ended up staying hours. I guess sometimes a mom just has to take a time out too.

No comments: