Blessings Abound

With the Thanksgiving Day holiday approaching us here in the United States, I thought it would be fitting (as I'm sure all my other bloggy friends will also) that I reflect on some of what I am thankful for.

If you are a follower of mine, you most certainly know that the last 18 months have been one of the roughest times for our family. It would be very easy, any given day, to just succumb to depression and anxiety. However, my husband and I have taken things in stride and relied on our faith to help us keep the clarity needed to take on each obstacle one at a time and purge through the long list of troubles that have plagued us. We have tried our best to make time for Diva and Boy Child so that they are still having some fun with us and with their friends.

Since this will be the last Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday we will be able to spend in our home, we are planning to make it a big deal with over-decorating and baking so the kids really enjoy it. They are oblivious to the move that we are forced to make in the coming months and that will be quite a shock. Not sure how Boy Child will deal with this major transition and we are prepared for the worst. Diva will perform in true Diva fashion and that is to be expected, she likes it here and has a very good friend a few doors up that she will certainly miss. Kids are resilient and she will survive and prosper. Here is a really great article that a friend of mine emailed me. Sometimes it helps to know that you are not alone in what you sometimes feel.

I'm not going to bore you with the long list of thanks that I have as I'm sure we are all one with our major blessings ~ faith, family, spouse, children, friends, health.

Although, I would love to give a HUGE thank you to our armed services. Without these selfless men and women we would not be permitted to voice our opinions over the internet or any other media. I'm very thankful that they risk their lives in order to keep out any future terroristic actions within our country; so that our families have the freedom to pursue whatever happiness we feel is ours to achieve; so that other countries can lean on us for help when they need it and so every citizen can have the belief that our constitution will be upheld. Whenever each and every one of us sees an armed services personnel we should always take a moment and shake their hand to thank them for defending our freedom ~ my husband and I do this every time. It is not a job that they take lightly and we should never forget these brave individuals this holiday season - remember some of them haven't seen their families for over a year and this time of year is especially hard on them, not to mention the families that will be spending their first holiday since the loss of someone in the service.

I would like to wish my readers a Happy Thanksgiving and hope that you all feel blessed as well. Enjoy your time with your family, I know that I will.

No comments: