Ode to Date Night

Oh what a night! I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come. I had been waiting for this night for so long.

My husband and I received an early Christmas gift of two tickets to see Glenn Beck's A Christmas Sweater live stage show. So I began busily seeking out any brave soul who I could sucker into ask to babysit my children for the evening. I had gone through quite a list but finally found someone insane enough broke enough nice enough to agree (of course the $8 an hour we were paying her helped her to make her mind up).

We all know what happened the last time we had a babysitter come over so that we could go out for the evening, but that was in April and this is November. I think that it is time that Husband and I got a chance to get out of this house again. Hopefully, it will not be as traumatic as the last.

The sitter arrived as scheduled and we were out the door as fast as we could. We headed to a local restaurant for dinner.

The appetizers and soup were delicious. We were disappointed in our meals though. But hey, we still enjoyed the fact that we were not disciplining, threatening a grounding, or telling two kids to please keep it down and turn around in their seat! Actually, there was a point where we kinda just sat in silence.

Off we go into the city. I love the way the 'burgh looks at night. It really is a beautiful city. Our destination was Heinz Hall. An amazing building, a must see for any visitor.

It was a lot of fun talking to all the folks waiting in lobby for the doors to open. We couldn't believe how many conservatives there were all in one spot! This was the second show of the day, both were sold out performances. Oh, how encouraging. But, this show was not about politics, this was a show about hope and change (LOL). Seriously, it is about family, faith and forgiveness.

I couldn't help myself and took pictures of the tour bus. Husband said I was worse than Diva when she was all Oh Jonas. I really did want to have my picture taken with Glenn Beck but the line for the book signing (which I didn't buy) was way too long and at $8 an hour it was a better idea to head to the car and get home. Unfortunately, we spent the next hour sitting in line to get out of the parking garage (note to self, park in the small on-street parking lot down the street from Heinz Hall next time). So, I should have just waited in line to get my picture with him. Ahh, live and learn.

Our seats were wonderful. Husband had his leg room and no one was directly behind us. We were close enough to the stage too (even to see the spit fly from his mouth as he performed ~ gross). Although you wouldn't think it by the photos I took (I only have a 5MP PowerShot SD400).

We returned home to find Diva was still awake. It was 11pm but we told her she could stay up if she wanted. The night was fun and I needed this night away from home to keep my sanity. So I'd like to say THANKS DAD for the tickets ~ Love you!!!

3 comments:

Full time mom, part-time nurse said...

Oh he is sooo funny. We saw him at Loews Movie theater when Bush & Kerry debated.

Burgh Baby said...

$8/hour? DAMN! I remember that I used to get $1/hr per kid. Kids these days are soooo overpaid!

Glad you had a good time, and I hope you get to do it again soon!

Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Mia,

I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Parenting Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com