A Few Of My Favorite Things . . . .

With the Christmas holiday wound down and we are on to the New Year, I thought that I would share with you just a few of my favorite things from this holiday season.

My crew and I were delving into the Christmas spirit by decorating cut out cookies and gingerbread men. This was the first year that we did this task together as a family.

As you can see they all came out very nicely done. We all had a very good time doing this together. I think that we will definitely do this again next year. Minus the green gel, it doesn't harden and remains gooey ~ not good.

We have Christmas Eve with my Brother and Sister-In-Law and their three children. Diva was having a blast with two of her cousins. Too bad that Boy Child wouldn't stop terrorizing his boy cousin all night. They didn't have as much fun as the girls.

Christmas morning is always a treat for me. We do not let the kids downstairs until Dad goes down and lights the tree to see if Santa has come. Then when he gives the thumbs up, it is a mad dash! I always am on pins and needles to learn what they expected Santa to bring but didn't get. This year it was a Leapster for Boy Child and a Nintendo DS for Diva. The secret was that Santa already knew they were getting these gifts from their Aunts and Uncles, so naturally they were not under the tree. I was surprised thought that they didn't really dwell on the loss too bad and were quite happy with their lot this year.

Christmas day is spent with my family. This is a shot of all the cousins with their funny paper hats that were exploded from old English poppers. What a hoot!

I have a few collectibles that I keep in my china cabinet. My china is a Christmas pattern. I love it.

Who can resist all the chocolaty goodness they comes with holiday? My husband and kids love to sneak the kisses.

Well, that's it ~ just a peak at some of my favorite things from Christmas 2008. I hope you enjoyed your holiday as well.

1 comment:

Full time mom, part-time nurse said...

Looks like you all had a Great Christmas.
Happy New Year !!!!