This Was A Toughie (for me ~ not him).

Boy Child couldn't wait to ride the school bus for the first time ever. He was supposed to do it last week but with the 2 hr delay and then a cancellation, he never got the chance.

Today was his first day at his new class. Since he had not returned to pre-K after the holiday we decided to put in him the DART classroom two days a week to keep up with his social interactions with other kids his age. Also, to help him even more for Kindergarten readiness.

As you can see, he was not hesitant about getting on that bus. He was way too excited. He couldn't wait to get there.

It was rather disappointing to me that he wasn't all that distraught about leaving me. I'm sure he'll be way more torn up about it come this fall (right?). I know I will be. This class is only 2 1/2 hours long - twice per week, Kindergarten is a full day - 5 days.

Sigh....I guess you have to let them grow up.

On the flip side he called me at work when he got home and told me he had a BLAST. I'm so glad day one went well. We'll see how it goes once the novelty wears off. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Full time mom, part-time nurse said...

Cute pictures. I'll keep my fingers crossed also.

Success With Women said...

"Sigh....I guess you have to let them grow up." i like your words.
sometimes i don't want to them growth so fast because they are cute, small, fat :). but...yes is tough to let them grow..up

kate spencer said...

I can see on his face how excited he was to ride on that bus.. :D
I'll keep my fingers crossed too and hope he'll get to find friends there. And don't worry, he'll be ok. :)