My Belief

I try very hard to stay away from preaching my political beliefs and my religious beliefs on my blog as it is the "politically correct" thing to do and I do not want to offend anyone. However, these beliefs are a part of what makes me who I am today and sometimes I feel the need to speak out and share my point of view. One day when I am riddled with Alzheimer's Disease (like my mom) or dead I want my children to re-read these blogs to have a sense of who their mother was and if I never post my thoughts unedited then they would be only holding onto censored memories of their mother.

You may or may not agree with my way of thinking and I respect you for that. Each one of us is unique and our founding fathers helped form this country to allow us the freedoms to be unique individuals without being persecuted, as long as you are not infringing on those same rights of others or causing harm to anyone else.

I am in no way perfect and my life is a series of struggles with sprinkles of happiness. It is not perfect,but it is mine. I love God, my family, my friends, and my Country. I am constantly seeking the Lord's forgiveness and guidance. He is always present in my daily life and is sometimes my crutch on those days that seem impossible. Those are the days that I usually find something genuinely beautiful in my life poking out to make my heart just smile.

I saw this video in a post on 5 Minutes For Mom and just loved it. If you have never seen the movie The Passion of Christ, you really should. I saw this movie in the theater when it came out and just cried the entire time.

This next one is a favorite of mine. I have this saved on my computer. I just love listening to it. The first time I heard it on the radio a few years ago I was pulling into the parking lot of Target, it had just started raining so I sat back in the seat of my car watching the rain hit the windshield and listened. It was very moving for me at that moment.

As it reads on the Glenn Beck website: Glenn tells the story of the crucifixion in a tad more unconventional way than most - set to the music of Pink Floyd. This telling of the death of Jesus was recorded by Glenn several years back and as Glenn says, always generates letters and emails asking him why he focused on the death.

"Because everybody concentrates on Easter, and I know that without Easter, His death was meaningless. I concentrate on Easter every day. Every day, every day that I draw a breath, I know it is because I found my way out of the darkness. Every day that I go home to my children and I see them, it's because of Easter. Everything I have, everything I am is because I don't celebrate Easter on just Easter. I'm grateful for Easter every day" - Glenn Beck FREE AUDIO: Glenn's Easter Essay

I found this one on another blog I was reading. I do not remember which blog as I had gone to several that day. If it is your blog, please let me know and I will ad your link to this blog. But this is an awesome video and another belief I feel strongly about. The moral decay of our society and government.

On this Easter Sunday, may God bless you and your family and may you see the beauty of His gifts.

No comments: