The Letter

I try very hard to not get on my soap box and spew my political ideologies or religious beliefs on this blog. I respect and adore that we live in a country where we all have the right to our own beliefs. I may not agree with everyone out there and you may not agree with me but that is what makes our country so wonderful. Our freedom to live our lives the way we want to without being persecuted is why there are so many different people from all over the globe who risk their lives and the lives of their families to come to our country to live and enjoy the same freedoms.

But lately I've noticed that the men and women who we have elected to represent us are not really paying attention to us and what we want. They seem to be in some impenetrable bubble with their hands over their ears singing the "la la la la, I don't hear you song" and not focusing on what is best for the country and our futures. It is quite frightening really. What is even more frightening to me is that I feel like the majority of the people, especially those 20-something and younger crowds, really do not care and have lost some of their rationale for what is right and wrong. There has to be accountability or their will be chaos and that is why our Forefathers painstakingly designed our country to be a Republic, because they had the insight to and clarity to know what would happen to us as a country if we failed to understand where things can go very very wrong.

I fear that we have made that turn in the road which is leading us down to the track of things going very very wrong. I'm not putting blame on one man, please understand that. This has been a collective process of sweeping things under the rug and let's just get re-elected at whatever cost by all politicians for several years. But I do need to say that I believe the current batch of folks in Washington have lost all credibility and do not see what destruction they are creating for our children's futures. The folks in Washington do not live the same lives as us. Because we have done away with term limits, they do not take a hiatus from their everyday jobs to work in Washington for a while and then return back to their everyday jobs and live by the same laws and rules that they just passed - as was intended. They live in their bubble, they have their own health care, their own retirement plans, their own schools, they vote on their own pay raises, and are pampered and catered to daily. They do not live the same lives that we do any longer. They preach to us to hate the rich and wealthy, but yet they are all rich and wealthy. History has proven that with power comes greed and with greed comes destruction.

I recently ran across this article on the Glenn Beck website. Now don't get all up in arms and think that it is going to be some right-wing wacko stuff. Just read it. It makes sense. Here is an excerpt from the article:

. . . Take a breath. Listen to the people. Let's just slow down and get some input from some nonpoliticians on the subject. Stop making everything an emergency. Stop speed reading our bills into law. I am not an activist. I am not a community organizer. Nor am I a terrorist, a militant or a violent person. I am a parent and a grandparent. I work. I'm busy. I'm busy. I am busy, and I am tired. I thought we elected competent people to take care of the business of government so that we could work, raise our families, pay our bills, have a little recreation, complain about taxes, endure our hardships, pursue our personal goals, cut our lawn, wash our cars on the weekends and be responsible contributing members of society and teach our children to be the same all while living in the home of the free and land of the brave. . . . .

I have provided you with the link here. Please take a moment and read it. Please let's all become educated on the happenings of our country. Let's not rely on the TV news channels. Let's use our own judgement and find out more information on things from various sources. We the People are who matter most right now. We have the ability to make sure our freedoms are not stripped from us in the middle of the night while we sleep. Please just think and use common sense not political bias. I have never in my life voted for someone just because they were of the same party as mine. I listen to their beliefs and I choose who best fits with what I believe is best for this country. So many people have so much to lose right now, it doesn't matter if you are gay, straight, black, white, latino, asian, etc. We are a great country "together" and we need to make sure that the folks deciding our futures are deciding it with our best interests, not theirs, at heart.

Anyone around me can tell you that my life is extremely stressful right now. Some days I feel like I'm losing the battle, but then I gather the strength and keep going. I have people that depend on me to do the best I can. I'm sure my husband feels the same. We have lost so much in the last 2 years but we haven't lost our family. We have our daily struggles with Boy Child and the ramifications of that takes its toll on all of us, especially Diva, on a daily basis. We have our daily money crisis. We have lost all of our savings and my retirement 401K is at a whopping $14K. My husband has to rebuild his business from the ground up. We are back to renting a house after 12 years of owning. We cannot go on vacations or just head to the mall. Yet, with all of our life's downs we know that we live here, in the United States of America, where everyone's dreams can and do come true. We pray to God for strength and the wisdom we need. We will work hard as we always do and we will have our dreams come true. None of that is done with greed, malice, or one-sidedness. We analyze our situation, research our best approach and act on the best scenario that will help our family to succeed. That is what I'm sure you all do as well. So why don't we expect the folks in Washington to do the same exact thing for our country and for us? Have you ever signed a document that you haven't read? I haven't. I have read and re-read everything I have ever signed. Why don't they take the time to read the documents they are imposing upon us as law? That just doesn't seem rational to me. What is their rush, isn't this their job? I just ask that we all start paying better attention and speaking out to what is going on. Let's not be blindsided, but be prepared.

Whew, okay I'm done. Thanks for hearing me out. Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

TMWW said...

Absolutely beautiful post and so very true. For years my dad and I have been discussing politics and how the politicians just do not listen to the people any longer. It's as though we don't exist, as if they are passing laws for strangers - they are not thinking of their friends, family, co-workers that they used to be a part of before becoming Washington society.

I definitely think you should forward your letter to your state senator and congressman as well as to the President. Seriously.

Full time mom, part-time nurse said...

Well said.