I Feel Robbed

As the school year ends, I was excited that my son has finished his first year of school.  I was looking forward to a Kindergarten graduation.  Taking a bazillion photos and shedding some tears of joy.  I couldn't wait to feel so proud of him.  He did it!  He achieved High Honor Roll and he was completing 3rd grade math and 4th grade reading/spelling. 

I didn't get that moment.  There was no celebration at school.  There was no Kindergarten graduation.  I didn't get that special wave to  mom from on stage.  Nothing. 

What did I get?  This is what he brought home from school on the last day ....


WTH ~ That was the best they could come up with?  My son's award for the end of the year was for being the class comedian.   Great - just great.  I'm so proud. 

4 comments:

Getrealmommy said...

Ha ha. That is one to frame! Sorry you missed your moment, but I am sure there will be many more opportunities with your little clown :)

Full time mom, part-time nurse said...

Wow! I'm speechless.

Burgh Baby said...

It could have been so much worse, and when I think of exactly how, I'll let you know. ;-)

Annette W. said...

I'm not impressed either, but maybe he loves to make the others laugh when they are feeling down. Just trying to see the positive. :)