A pinch of this, a dash of that, time well spent

We were in the mood for some Italian food.
She was in the mood for some quality time.
We had Cooking 101 with mom.



I'm starting to teach the Diva how to make sauce and meatballs the way Aunt Rose and Aunt Flo taught it to me.  Seriously, my husband made me go to his Aunts' house and learn how to make sauce, meatballs and wedding soup shortly after we were married.  I didn't mind, it was actually fun and now I can actually make those things and make them well.  As we all know, cooking is not my gig.  Baking - well that is different.  Anyway, I figure that if every time I make these foods, I'll have her do it with me, by the time she is a teenager, she will be able to do it herself and one day when she is out on her own she can impress a boyfriend with a home-cooked meal. 

Wait - on second thought, this might not be a good idea.

1 comment:

Mom of the Perpetually Grounded said...

It's nice you can pass those on and spend time together at the same time. I'm not much on cooking. I just have a few recipes but my mom taught them to me as enough to feed an army. My youngest is the only one who is interested. The oldest has a husband who cooks and the 2cd one can only make egg sandwiches.