Quest for Inner Peace

What a very interesting ride it has been.  Life had been up at 4am, home at 6pm, kid shenanigans, then to bed by midnight most nights, then repeat.  The new job was great...better than great...fantastic even.  Unfortunately, it was short lived.  Boy Child and Diva both started spiralling downward in school, I had to have "the talk" at daycare, the dog decided to not be housebroken anymore in retaliation and the house just kinda sorta fell apart.  So back home I went.  Blessing in disguise apparently because Husband's business decided to spiral upward and became a bigger need for me at home to keep him organized.  Everything was looking up.

I'm not going to dwell on any on thing in particular because I do not want to jinx anything. Let me just say that Boy Child did it!  No, really he did! He actually is in public school this year.  Ahem, really that is not a typo.  He has straight A's and is doing well behaviorally.  We are so proud of him.  We still struggle a bit with the sports/extra-curricular activities and his behavior but the school thing -- that is just too huge! 

Diva has decided to grow into a beautiful young lady over the summer and it is getting hard to keep up with the teenage attitude and her desire to announce her "must-haves" of the week.  She has continued to show more determination with softball and had tried out for a Class A travel team.  She made the team with only one try out.  A team where we knew no one and they didn't know her.  So very proud of her. 

In the midst of all the hustle and bustle these several months we decided to up and go move the week before Thanksgiving.  We had enough of living on a busy main road and opted for a nice neighborhood.  One where you can take the dog for a walk and ride bikes on the street and say "Hey neighbor" to the folks strolling by.  I actually have some Christmas lights up on the house and in the yard.  I'm pretty sure in the 18 years my husband and I have been together, this is the most decorated the outside of our house has been.  Craziness! So nice.

Maybe, just maybe, 2013 will be the year I finally find inner peace.....hmmm.



No comments: